- Joe Stiglitz ‘The Wrong Side of Globalisation’ re TTIP and TPP
- Melanie Strickland in New Internationalist: Human Rights and TTIP
- Tom Lines in New Internationalist: City of London Corporation’s International Regulatory Strategy Group
- George Monbiot on TTIP, particularly ISDS and more from George Monbiot on ISDS in The Guardian
- George Monbiot on TTIP on his own website
- Tory MP Kenneth Clarke’s response to Monbiot. NB Kenneth Clarke has chaired the Bilderberg Group meeting
- Linda Kaucher on the NHS and TTIP
- Linda Kaucher on the NHS and the Canada /EU free trade agreement (CETA), preceding the TTIP
- Linda Kaucher on the underlying trade dimension of cigarette plain packaging
- Gus Fagan on the TTIP threat to the NHS
- John Hilary on Michael Froman and Karel De Gucht meeting at Davos
- John Hilary – critical briefing on TTIP for general reader, online and printed by the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation and translated into 5 languages. 42 pp
- University and College Union page on TTIP – includes education effects
- Lori Wallach from US Global Citizen, in Le Monde Diplo – a comprehensive article
US – How ‘we the people became ‘we the corporations’ (3 mins)
Linda Kaucher interviewed by Artist Taxi Driver (10 mins)
John Hilary, Executive Director of War on Want, Cafe Diplo session 4.11.13 Recipe for Ruin: The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement (48 mins)
‘The US/EU free trade agreement panel discussion’ organised by Occupy (58 mins)
Leaked TTIP documents
- Leaked final mandate for the Trade Commission to negotiate TTIP 17 June 2013
- Leaked EU spin strategy for TTIP
- Leaked EU position paper on regulatory coherence
- Leaked non-paper from Trade Commission negotiators to the EU Trade Policy Committee (Member state trade bureaucrats) June 2013, before the first negotiating round
UK politics, UK parliament
- House of Lords (Lords EU Sub Committee on External Affairs) inquiry into TTIP – written submissions and videos & transcripts of oral evidence sessions, members interests, upcoming sessions.
- Tony Hodges – a down-to-earth explanation of TTIP on UCU retired members page.
(TO ADD IN)
* http://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/gus-fagan/eu-us-free-trade-and-risks-to-nhs (on exclusion of health services from agreement) 7.1013
* http://www.sochealth.co.uk/2013/02/09/the-real-story-behind-the-nhs-changes-the-useu-free-trade-agreement/ (Linda) The Doha deal was put forward consecutively as the answer to global terrorism (after 9/11), to climate change, and to the international financial crisis. ‘Jobs’ is the favoured current spin.
http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/articles/16184/20-02-2013/free-trade-agreement-means-nhs-privatisation Feb 2013
http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.f3574 5th June 2013 Peter Davies ‘Trade secrets: will an EU-US treaty enable US big business to gain a foothold’.
http://www.bmj.com/content/347/bmj.f4529 15.7.13 Peter Davies ‘Trade agreement could lock NHS into competitive market say campaign groups’
http://occupylondon.org.uk/eu-us-free-trade-agreement-tafta-ttip-ceta-tpp/ (video of talk Tom Lines/Linda Kaucher)
http://www.bmj.com/content/347/bmj.f4709 Trade talks wont affect health policy, say EU officials.
http://www.alternativetrademandate.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Trade-time_for_a_new_vision-PRINT.pdf Trade: Time for a new vision- The alternative trade mandate.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/12/how-eu-making-nhs-privatisation-permanent Benedict Cooper 2.12.13
http://www.parliament.uk/documents/lords-committees/eu-sub-com-c/TTIP/TTIPwrittenevidencevolumeFINAL.pdf House of Lords EUROPEAN UNION SUB-COMMITTEE ON EXTERNAL AFFAIRS Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership . Evidence Volume (see, eg, evidence from Our NHS: Open Democracy, and Unite (NHS and labour rights)
Faisal I Chaudhry (2014) The TAFTA/TTIP and treatment access: What does the agreement mean for intellectual property rights over essential medicines? in The Transatlantic Colossus: Global Contributions to Broaden the Debate on the EU-US Free Trade Agreement. Eds D Cardisim O Mthembu, M Venhaus, M Verde Garrido. Berlin Forum on Global Politics. http://bfogp.org/publications/the-transatlantic-colossus/
Trading Away Health: How the U.S.’s Intellectual Property Demands for the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement Threaten Access to Medicines. Medicins Sans Frontiers Access Campaign Issue Brief, August 2012, http://aids2012.msf.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/TPP-Issue-Brief-IAC-July2012.pdf (deals with TPP FTA and impact on ‘developing countries’ but useful explanation of issues around intellectual property and access to generic medicines)